cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Inserting/deleting rows in table

Solved!
Go to solution

Hello,

I am creating a VI where the using can add a set of values unto a table to do some task.

The VI currently works fine as it is but I would like to improve its usablility by allowing the user to 'insert' and 'delete' rows on a button click.

The functions is available under 'Data Operation' when you right-click on the table but could not find a property node that I could use to call the functions.

Is it possible to call those functions programatically?

Thanks.

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 5
(3,039 Views)

You use Insert into array and Delete from array and write it back to the table.

/Y

G# - Award winning reference based OOP for LV, for free! - Qestit VIPM GitHub

Qestit Systems
Certified-LabVIEW-Developer
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 5
(3,031 Views)

I hope by default you have an option to insert and delete row/column by right click option.

why do you need to reinvent with button click?

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Palanivel Thiruvenkadam | பழனிவேல் திருவெங்கடம்
LabVIEW™ Champion |Certified LabVIEW™ Architect |Certified TestStand Developer

Kidlin's Law -If you can write the problem down clearly then the matter is half solved.
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 5
(2,973 Views)

If you post code next time you are more likely to get help with your code and not just general input.

Tim
GHSP
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 5
(2,933 Views)
Solution
Accepted by topic author sherzaad

Here's how you could do this with a button interface.  

Example_VI_BD1.pngExample_VI_BD.png

aputman
------------------
Heads up! NI has moved LabVIEW to a mandatory SaaS subscription policy, along with a big price increase. Make your voice heard.
Message 5 of 5
(2,923 Views)