From 04:00 PM CDT – 08:00 PM CDT (09:00 PM UTC – 01:00 AM UTC) Tuesday, April 16, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Inserting a project within a project (.llb)

I have a question concerning projects (.llb)

I have a driver VI supplied by the vendor which can be accessed through their project format (.llb). (also supplied be the vendor) 
(With of course a number of dependent VI's)

Is it possible to insert the entire project in to a another project? ("my" main project ).

Sounds like this would enable me to call on any of the VI's from the vendor's overall project.?

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 4
(774 Views)

An llb is not a project file.  It is a weird zip-like file proprietary to NI.  And, yes, you can just put the llb into a LabVIEW project (lvproj file).  You can drag the file from Windows Explorer into the project window or add a file via right-click menus.

GCentral
There are only two ways to tell somebody thanks: Kudos and Marked Solutions
Unofficial Forum Rules and Guidelines
"Not that we are sufficient in ourselves to claim anything as coming from us, but our sufficiency is from God" - 2 Corinthians 3:5
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 4
(760 Views)

Hi Chris,

to add to crossrulz' comment:

I recommend to put the content of that LLB into a subfolder of oyur project. Use the LLB Manager in LabVIEW's Tools menu to extract the content of the LLB into a separate folder…

(NI did the same for many of its older LLBs: you can find several folders inside vi.lib of VIs formerly provided as LLBs!)

Best regards,
GerdW

using LV2016/2019/2021 on Win10/11+cRIO, TestStand2016/2019
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 4
(753 Views)

Both posts were very helpful..

Once I realized my mistake is far as.LLB versus a LabVIEW project..

Then it's all starting to become clear..

Thank you

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 4
(735 Views)