Did you mean: 

??? Insert the "NI LabVIEW Run-Time Engine 7.1.1"

Solved!
Go to solution

@johnsold wrote:

Which disk is the last item on?

Lynn

That is not a NI Supplied component.  

In a pinch, if Patience is not found substitue "Foul Language", "Pacing" and "Howling at the Moon." but Patience is recommended

"Should be" isn't "Is" -Jay
0 Kudos
Message 11 of 21
(2,421 Views)

While I'm still here recovering my sanity I thought I'd share a quote from an automated e-mail i received from the service request management team.

"Next time, consider posting your question to the NI Discussion Forums for immediate access to engineers and developers around the world.  NI Applications Engineers monitor the forums to ensure all support questions are answered.  To access the discussion forums, please visit http://forums.ni.com."

Smiley Very Happy

To be honest, I had linked this thread to the SR while I filed the SR!  I guess i'm "Ahead of the times"

"Should be" isn't "Is" -Jay
Message 12 of 21
(2,398 Views)

Did the email have your picture, too?

Lynn

0 Kudos
Message 13 of 21
(2,351 Views)

I have this same problem, but the solution that worked for you no longer works because everything has changed since then and there is no option to install or repair LabVIEW Run-Time Engine 7.1.1

I've contact NI phone support, but 3 weeks have gone by and all I get is an email saying that they will escalate this.

Message 14 of 21
(1,707 Views)

Can you give more information?
Why cant you reinstall it?

0 Kudos
Message 15 of 21
(1,677 Views)

I read that it won't run on Windows 7.  I tried to install it anyway, but I get a popup saying a higher version is already installed.  I uninstalled everything from NI, but still get the message.

0 Kudos
Message 16 of 21
(1,670 Views)

Hi Fewoiz,

LabVIEW Run-time Engine 7.1.1 is not supported on Windows 7. The earliest version of LabVIEW, and thus LabVIEW Run-Time is version 2009. Therefore, National Instruments cannot guarantee or predict the behavior of our downloaded software on an unsupported OS.

Otherwise, a computer can have multiple versions of LabVIEW and LabVIEW RunTime without them interfering. I suggest either using supported software for Windows 7 or downgrade the OS to something that is compatible. 

Parul

Applications Engineer

National Instruments

0 Kudos
Message 17 of 21
(1,654 Views)

I don't know why I'm getting this pop up error every time I open LabVIEW 2015.  I click cancel 3 times and then LabVIEW opens.  Well, at least it used to, now I can't even get LabVIEW to open after uninstalling and reinstalling all NI products.

Why would it ask for NI LabVIEW Run-Time Engine 7.1.1 if it's not even supported?

0 Kudos
Message 18 of 21
(1,639 Views)

LabVIEW and LabVIEW Run-Time need to be the same version. If the .exe you are using was built in LabVIEW 7.1 then it might prompt you to have that downloaded.

Please attach a screenshot of the error you are receiving. Also, try repairing and/or force reinstalling LabVIEW 2015.

Parul

Applications Engineer

National Instruments

0 Kudos
Message 19 of 21
(1,634 Views)

The only executable I'm trying to run is LabVIEW 2015.  I did a uninstall and a reinstall, using the command prompt: setup.exe \reinstall.

I will add a screenshot of my error messages as soon as I get back over to that work station.

0 Kudos
Message 20 of 21
(1,621 Views)