LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Insert symbol into word doc using report generation tool kit

Solved!
Go to solution

I am trying to insert a tick mark or a corss mark into the word doc by reading the bookmark. To input any value, I was using a string control. But,I was unable to input these symbols. I tried doing by inserting an image, but it is inserting the image but not replacing the bookmark. Please help me with this!!

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 11
(4,063 Views)

@bineesh142 wrote:

I am trying to insert a tick mark or a corss mark into the word doc by reading the bookmark. To input any value, I was using a string control. But,I was unable to input these symbols. I tried doing by inserting an image, but it is inserting the image but not replacing the bookmark. Please help me with this!!

Maybe these symbols are not included in the character set used by Word. Do you get something else or nothing, is there an error message?

Ben64

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 11
(4,013 Views)

Is that the paragraph symbol that you want to insert?  If so, this should work for you.

Example_VI_BD.png

aputman
------------------
Heads up! NI has moved LabVIEW to a mandatory SaaS subscription policy, along with a big price increase. Make your voice heard.
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 11
(4,004 Views)
Solution
Accepted by topic author bineesh142

@ben64 wrote:

Maybe these symbols are not included in the character set used by Word. Do you get something else or nothing, is there an error message?

Ben64

Here is an example of what I said:

insert checkmark.png

To insert the checkmark I need to set the report font to Wingdings (change back the font to default after). If I don't do this the ü character will be written (character 0252 of the default font).

Ben64

Message 4 of 11
(3,996 Views)

I want to pass a tick mark & a cross mark.

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 11
(3,971 Views)

There is no error msg. It is writing into word but I open the doc its just a small box which displays.

0 Kudos
Message 6 of 11
(3,970 Views)

I'm not sure what a tick mark and a cross mark are specifically.  But you can change the font on the InsertSymbol method and use the character number for selection.  This is much easier than changing the font, pasting a character into a string, and then changing the font back to default.  253 and 254 from Wingdings is 

wingdings.PNG

Example_VI_BD.png

aputman
------------------
Heads up! NI has moved LabVIEW to a mandatory SaaS subscription policy, along with a big price increase. Make your voice heard.
0 Kudos
Message 7 of 11
(3,937 Views)

Sir, Can you attach this as a vi, I cannot find items in labview as I dont know the labels.

0 Kudos
Message 8 of 11
(2,341 Views)

But in the word report generated I still get symbol like "u" with two dots on top, and not check marks. Please help me in getting check marks in word report.

Download All
0 Kudos
Message 9 of 11
(2,334 Views)

The picture I posted is a snippet.  The LabVIEW code is embedded in the PNG file.  Drag the picture to your desktop and then drag it onto a block diagram and the code will be added.  

aputman
------------------
Message 10 of 11
(2,322 Views)