From 04:00 PM CDT – 08:00 PM CDT (09:00 PM UTC – 01:00 AM UTC) Tuesday, April 16, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Insert image file to word document using active X

Solved!
Go to solution

Hello,

I would like to insert an image into my word document (at the end). The image is saved as a bmp file and I'm using LV 8.2.1.

I would like to do this using Active X (without using report generation toolkit).

Any idea please ? 🙂 Thanks in advance.

J.

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 11
(7,566 Views)
Solution
Accepted by topic author Julien_31

Hi J.

The method to use is Inline shapes (Add pictures). I have linked an example. You will have to configure it in order for it to be at the end of your document but that shouldn't be a problem for you.

activex image.png

Best Regards,

Message 2 of 11
(7,538 Views)

Hi,

Thank you very much Charlotte. I've tried using this method (after having found another post about it on the forum, that was just a subVI) but it did't work. I guess I didn't link the functions properly...

Best,

J.

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 11
(7,524 Views)

Hi,

I would like to insert an png image into the header of my world document by using Active X. I don't know how to do it. Any idea?

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 11
(7,250 Views)

I would like to insert an png image into the header of my world document by using Active X. I don't know how to do it. Any idea?

http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/bb213595%28v=office.12%29.aspx explains how to do it in VBA for Word 2007

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 11
(7,239 Views)

Thank you for the answer but i solved my problem.

0 Kudos
Message 6 of 11
(7,212 Views)

Which function to use to place the image at the end of document. I am trying but not able to find that property.

0 Kudos
Message 7 of 11
(7,138 Views)

Hello,

many thanks for this code, I'm looking for something similar. My problem is that I have a folder with lot of pictures and I would like to insert into a word document them.

This VI is opening and inserting only one picture into word right? Is it possible to modify to more pictures which are in a same folder?

Thanks and best regards,

Gabor

0 Kudos
Message 8 of 11
(4,286 Views)

Frozen_0-1580767018406.png

---------------------------------------------
Certified LabVIEW Developer (CLD)
There are two ways to tell somebody thanks: Kudos and Marked Solutions
0 Kudos
Message 9 of 11
(4,264 Views)

Of course, you will need a list of files which can be accomplished with the "List Folder" function

Frozen_0-1580767537912.png

Combine the two and you have your answer.

Good luck

---------------------------------------------
Certified LabVIEW Developer (CLD)
There are two ways to tell somebody thanks: Kudos and Marked Solutions
0 Kudos
Message 10 of 11
(4,259 Views)