LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Insert a picture in excell

Hello,

is there anyone know how to insert a picture from a front panel indicator into a excel sheet, I tried Addpicture (ActiveX) method, but it needs the filename of the picture, how can I get this filename of this indicator.

thanks a lot

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 6
(2,667 Views)
anyone konws?
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 6
(2,652 Views)

Patience... patience...

What kind of indicator? Is this a graph indicator, or a numeric indicator? I'm not familiar with the AddPicture method, but if it's looking for a filename then you need to save the image to disk. For a graph indicator you can get the graph image using an Invoke node and then use the picture functions to save the image to disk. 

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 6
(2,636 Views)

is that possible to save picture in to excel directly without saving it to some certain place in dick firstly, then get it back to labview. like in this picture.

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 6
(2,628 Views)

Please don't upload bitmaps by changing the extension. Changing the extension of a file does not change the file type. Your bitmap saved as a PNG goes from 906KB to 19KB. That's 4700% smaller! Even MS Paint will allow you to save as PNG. Sorry for the rant, but that's a pet peeve around here. Nobody is picking on you. Smiley Wink

As for your question: The documentation for that method indicates it requires a filename. That's how the method works, so you have to save the image to disk. 

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 6
(2,623 Views)
get it, and thank you so much for your help
0 Kudos
Message 6 of 6
(2,615 Views)