LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Insane Object BDHP+58EBC, and +58DD4. Please help?

I have tried the suggestions in the KB "What is an Insane Object Error Mean and What Should I do?", but they did not clear my error. My vi functions normally, but I am concerned that this error may cause a "booby-trap" to be lurking in my distributed application, that may show up at a later date as a crash, or worse. The vi is 4 meg plus in size, so I REALLY have no desire to start from scratch!
Any suggestions??

Thanks

Dave
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 9
(2,788 Views)
My experience with "Insane Objects" have always been related to front pannel objects that are either locked or grouped together with other objects. I get the "Insane Object error" when I try to delete a grouped or locked object or when I try to change the propities of an object that is grouped or locked. Ungrouping and unlocking has always worked for me when I get the Insane error. I hope this helps.

Dan
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 9
(2,759 Views)
Ok, sounds reasonable, and is certainly more help than the KB article on this subject. I will give your suggestion a shot when I get to the office tomorrow.

Thanks

Dave
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 9
(2,744 Views)
Dave

My experience with Insane Objects are that the only thing to fix the problem is to copy all you block diagram to an empty vi. That is maybe not very elegant solusion, but helps in 100%. Otherwise it will back-fire once or another.

cheers
Pawel
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 9
(2,736 Views)
Thank you, that is another one to try. So far, nothing has helped. Everytime I go to save my work, up comes the insane error warning. I will try that one tomorrow. At this point, I am willing to try almost anything, elegant or not!

Thank you,

Dave
0 Kudos
Message 5 of 9
(2,717 Views)
I am sure it will work. It always does :).

good luck
Pawel
0 Kudos
Message 6 of 9
(2,706 Views)
Well copying the code to a new blank VI didn't work for me (and it also would have unlocked my state diagram anyways). What _did_ work was to create a copy of the VI, and delete chunks and save until the error went away. I managed to get lucky (with some deduction) and find the offending wires. Is there no way of giving us more information than the heap offset? (Is there any way to use this number to find the offending object?)

The insane object error started appearing for me when I edited an enum type def that was used all over the place. The offending wires were wired from a constant of this type def.

Jaegen
0 Kudos
Message 7 of 9
(2,662 Views)
Well, I guess I can try this, what have I to lose, I can't distribute my app in the condition it is now, so I will give this a try, and if it works, I will let you know.
Thanks for the suggestion, I had all but given up and resigned to re-coding the whole project.

Thanks again,

Dave
0 Kudos
Message 8 of 9
(2,654 Views)
Thanks for the suggestions, gents. I finally ended up doing the "copy and disect" bit, and found the trouble. Wouldn't you know that I had to delete most of the copy before I got it to work. This is something that NI would be very well served to try to solve in future releases, instead of some of the questionable "dumbing-down" and cosmetics that they seem to favor.

Have a nice day

Dave
0 Kudos
Message 9 of 9
(2,555 Views)