LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Inputs (buttons) on USB interface board /event case

Hi,

For some a simple question I think, but not for me. I want the input buttons on the USB interface board control the event case, so when I press an input button on the board a new event case will start. Does somebody know how?

Thanks a lot!

Matt

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 26
(2,500 Views)

Hi Matt,

you should use a "value (signalling)" property node of "Input" to generate events for your digital inputs...

Best regards,
GerdW

using LV2016/2019/2021 on Win10/11+cRIO, TestStand2016/2019
Message 2 of 26
(2,496 Views)

Thanks for your quick response, I will try that now...

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 26
(2,494 Views)

That VI makes no sense. You have a value change event for an indicator. Why don't you try doing a read inside the timeout event? Be sure to set the timeout value to a reasonable rate. If you want to fire another event when the input changes, you could write to a Value(Signaling) property of the control.

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 26
(2,493 Views)

Hi GerdW,

it's still not working properly, because of the signalling property node the event starts before i even press a button.. And if I place the property node in the event it is not working at all.. Maybe I do something wrong?

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 26
(2,487 Views)

Of course it's firing the event before you do anything. What do you think is supposed to happen? And putting it inside the event is also silly. If you want to read the board, DON'T create a value change event for it? What part of my suggestion don't you understand?

0 Kudos
Message 6 of 26
(2,482 Views)

I'm not placing it in the time out event because it should start when I press a button on the interfaceboard...

0 Kudos
Message 7 of 26
(2,480 Views)

Hi Matt,

you really should read the context help on event structure and "value (signalling)" property node...

See attachment for a rough sketch. You need to refine that even further...

Best regards,
GerdW

using LV2016/2019/2021 on Win10/11+cRIO, TestStand2016/2019
0 Kudos
Message 8 of 26
(2,475 Views)

hmmmm.... Not make a value change event for it? What I want is that the rest of the program(try to make a capacitor capacity test) starts when I press a button on the board, thats why I wanted to start a new event with it..So what is now a clever thing to do? 

0 Kudos
Message 9 of 26
(2,473 Views)

Pay attention. Gerd's example is exactly what I told you to do. A user event is not at all the same thing as a hardware event so your event structure as written is senseless.

0 Kudos
Message 10 of 26
(2,471 Views)