From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Inject/replace subvi from lvlib

I have an edited copy of subvi from lvlib in my lvproj. I don't want to make any changes in original lvlib, but i want it to use this edited subvi instead of original one when calling other lvlib vi's. Is there a way to inject it without editing manufacturer lvlib?

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 3
(2,186 Views)

@viteo_sen wrote:

I have an edited copy of subvi from lvlib in my lvproj. I don't want to make any changes in original lvlib, but i want it to use this edited subvi instead of original one when calling other lvlib vi's. Is there a way to inject it without editing manufacturer lvlib?

The manufacturer's code in the LVLib calls "their" VI (TheirVI.vi) from its name-space.  I would think you have two choices -- inject "your" VI (MyVI.vi) into the Library (putting it in the correct name-space) and change all the calls to "TheirVI" to "MyVI" (a whole lot of editing!) or rename "TheirVI" to "TheirOriginalVI" and rename "MyVI" to "TheirVI".  This involves a minimum of editing and preserves "TheirOriginalVI" (so it is easy to "back out").

Bob Schor

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 3
(2,160 Views)

Thank you for your reply. I get the approach, but it looks a bit more difficult in my case. They have llb file with lvlib and vi's inside it. And i dont want to edit their llb (for the purpose of portability). I attach a sample project that repeats my problem.

Capture.PNG

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 3
(2,145 Views)