LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ini file for visa comms?

Hi, in my main application i have a tab called Comms config, which as you can imagine have controls to configure the visa comms parameters.

I have created a Configuration File to also allow the com ports to be altered by the operator from the text file.

My trouble is, how do you implement both in LabVIEW. For example the ini file should populate the  VISA Configure Serial Port with the desired comm Port, OR i’d also like to be able to have a manual control from the main application that the user could use too.

How would this be done?

Thanks

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 2
(2,279 Views)

Under File I/O/Config File VIs, you need to read the key from the appropriate section and read it into your control.

Having the operator change a config file manually is not the way to do it.  The operator should be able to change the settings from the fp or a run-time menu.  These settings can than be saved back to the config file manually (through a run-time menu selection) or when the program exits (automatic save).  When the program first starts up, it should read the .ini file and populate the controls with the settings from there.  The operator should never see the .ini file.  You can do it this way, but it's not the norm and I would advise against it.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Reese, (former CLAD, future CLD)

Some people call me the Space Cowboy!
Some call me the gangster of love.
Some people call me MoReese!
...I'm right here baby, right here, right here, right here at home
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 2
(2,272 Views)