LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Index array and array size

In the following attached llb.There is readbusconfig.vi ..I couldn't understand the working and understanding of this vi..I am not able to understand the logic of this vi .Especially the function of the index array and array size blocks..Please somebody help me in this..Thanks

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 17
(2,868 Views)

For me your LLB is even worse.... Can't convert vi because the version is to 'early' 🙂

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 17
(2,862 Views)

@nust wrote:

In the following attached llb.There is readbusconfig.vi ..

There is no such VI in the library you posted.

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 17
(2,840 Views)

the attached llb has been sent. but this can be opened in labview 7.1 . please help me in this for the things i have asked in my previous post.

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 17
(2,807 Views)

I repeat: There is no VI called "readbusconfig" in the library you uploaded.

You said you wanted us to look at that VI. The VI isn't in the library. What exactly do you want me to help you with?

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 17
(2,786 Views)

To reiterate smercurio, that VI isn't in your llb:

readbusconfig.png

What there are, however; are a lot of sequence structures.

(2,781 Views)

Hmm, did my answer disappear? However, the combination array size and index array if often used to get the last element of an array.

/Y

G# - Award winning reference based OOP for LV, for free! - Qestit VIPM GitHub

Qestit Systems
Certified-LabVIEW-Developer
0 Kudos
Message 7 of 17
(2,773 Views)

@Yamaeda wrote:

Hmm, did my answer disappear? However, the combination array size and index array if often used to get the last element of an array.

/Y

Only by developers that do not know the default behavior of delete from array- or those who want to be featured on the Rube-Goldbegrg threadSmiley Very Happy

"Should be" isn't "Is" -Jay
0 Kudos
Message 8 of 17
(2,768 Views)

Hello!

It looks like you've received some good responses about the use of the Index Array and Array Size functions.

Array Size will output the actual size of any array it receives as input, which is useful for using the Index Array function. Index Array will output any element or group of elements from whatever array you wire to its input, depending on the index (starting position within the array) you provide. As mentioned in other responses, you can indeed use these functions together to identify the last element in an array, since they provide the effective location of the last element (size) and the means to read and identify it. 

If you'd like more information on these or any functions within LabVIEW, I'd suggest using the "Context Help" function, if you haven't already (in any VI, help>>show context help).

As far as the readbusconfig.vi, you'll have to upload the actual VI instead of just the llb file (although I was able to examine the SETUP_PWATON VI that calls it).

If you have any other questions about array functions, we'll be happy to help. In the meantime, I'll look for that VI from you.

Best,

Will H | Applications Engineering | National Instruments

Will Hilzinger | Switch Product Support Engineer | National Instruments
0 Kudos
Message 9 of 17
(2,755 Views)

@Jeff Bohrer wrote:

Only by developers that do not know the default behavior of delete from array- or those who want to be featured on the Rube-Goldbegrg threadSmiley Very Happy

I didn't say it was the only or best way, just a common one. 🙂 Could it be some inherited solution where delete from array wasn't possible until LV5 or similar?

/Y

G# - Award winning reference based OOP for LV, for free! - Qestit VIPM GitHub

Qestit Systems
Certified-LabVIEW-Developer
Message 10 of 17
(2,753 Views)