From 04:00 PM CDT – 08:00 PM CDT (09:00 PM UTC – 01:00 AM UTC) Tuesday, April 16, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Index Values of an Array inside a Cluster inside an Array

I have a complex control, specifically an array
of clusters with a number of controls inside. One of the controls inside the cluster is an array. There does not seem to be any way to make the index values of the inner arrays independent. I.e. if I change the index value of the inner array of array element 0 of the outer array, the index value of the inner array of all the other elements changes also. I realize this is because there is one single index value property which controls every array in every cluster within the outer array. I still need to get around this though. Any suggestions?
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 3
(2,440 Views)
Hi Bridget,

That is the nature of the beast (arrays).
All elements must be identicle.
Use a cluster for display purposes and then convert it back to an array it you are going to be using it elsewhere.

See attached for a quick hack that does something close to what you want (I think).

Ben
Retired Senior Automation Systems Architect with Data Science Automation LabVIEW Champion Knight of NI and Prepper LinkedIn Profile YouTube Channel
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 3
(2,440 Views)
Ben,
Thanks, but for what I was trying to do I needed the array control on the front panel, not just in the back panel in the code. I have realized that this is probably not going to work so I am now going to pull the inner array out of the cluster and outer array and work with it separately.

Bridget.
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 3
(2,440 Views)