LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Index Array with group of index values at once.

Hello all,

Is there is any way to get some columns/rows from Index Array without using For Loop?

I think, if we can pass group of index values (or) Signal value to Index array then more useful in some cases.

Index Array with group of index values at once.

Index Array.png

Munna
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 5
(2,618 Views)

Hi Munna,

no, at the moment it's not supported. You might create a new idea in the LabVIEW Idea Exchange!

I don't think I will support this as

- you have a working solution using the FOR loop

- for a fixed amount of index values you can increase the IndexArray node to have more outputs and combine it with a build array:

check.png

Best regards,
GerdW

using LV2016/2019/2021 on Win10/11+cRIO, TestStand2016/2019
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 5
(2,611 Views)
I understand it will be a one shot operation to get all the index values required. You can create your own VI (May be a polymorphic VI), but I am not really sure in which aspect you refer it will be useful. By performance? or Diagram space?. I am just curious to understand.
-----

The best solution is the one you find it by yourself
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 5
(2,606 Views)

There is no reason not to use a FOR loop. They are very effcient structures.

Even if NI would create such a function, it would not be more efficient, because it would still need to do the same thing.

If you need this function often, make it a subVI (containing a FOR loop). You can even inline it to make the call overhead negligible.

Message 4 of 5
(2,595 Views)

Hi GerdW,

Here, Column index  will change always so, that’s why I have not used Build array.

If onetime we get all indices then easy for programmer (instead of creating own logic).

Munna
0 Kudos
Message 5 of 5
(2,593 Views)