From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Incrementing to a point, then decrement it back

Hello. 

I've been trying it for a while now and can't figure it out.

I have a value A from 0 to 5 and i increment it with 1 every 1 sec.(i used a shift register for that).

The problem is, when i reach 5, i have to increment with 1 another value B and value A should decrement back to 0 then B is incremented again and A goes back to 5.

I have a 3D array, and I need to read on the column 0 (value B) the entire row(value A). When A reaches the end, B should go to column 1 and A should go back from 5 to 0. Then of course when B reaces 5 another value C for the page should increment. but if i understand one of them, i will understand the second for sure.

I'm trying to some kind of simulation of a 3D Printer movement.

How can I achieve that? I have to convert the controls that are now manually into automatic ones.

Thank you very much.

Cristi

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 4
(2,443 Views)

For Loops will auto increment arrays.  You can nest them to increment through every element in a multi dimensional array.

I attached an example that processes your 3D array.  I set the loop time to 10ms, instead of the specified 1sec, just to speed up the execution.  I added the negate function, just to show that something was happening in the loop, you would replace it with whatever function is to be performed during your 1sec window.

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 4
(2,410 Views)

This is how I'd do it...

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 4
(2,403 Views)

Thank you for your answers:) I managed to do it somehow, tho your answers look a lot easier:)

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 4
(2,367 Views)