From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Increasing sample rate on cdaq 9174 with ni 9212

Solved!
Go to solution

Hello everyone!

I am trying to increase my sample rate on my ni 9212, that i use with a cdaq 9174 and LV 2015. Apparently, the sample rate depends on the conversion time, and can be changed between High Speed, Best 60 Hz Rejection, Best 50 Hz Rejection, and High Resolution. (see http://www.ni.com/pdf/manuals/374358a_02.pdf, page 6). My max. sample rate is 1.8 Hz, which indicates the use of the high resolution timing mode

I found this documents that explains how to change it with a crio:

http://zone.ni.com/reference/en-XX/help/373197D-01/criodevicehelp/crio-9212_rt/

however, i cannot change it when the module is not in my project, with my cdaq. My question is: how do I change the conversion time without a crio?

Thank you very much!

X0N0

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 5
(3,950 Views)

I think DAQmx does it for you when you set the sample rate.  I have not tried it myself, so I cannot verify that.  But I have known DAQmx to do things like this for me.

GCentral
There are only two ways to tell somebody thanks: Kudos and Marked Solutions
Unofficial Forum Rules and Guidelines
"Not that we are sufficient in ourselves to claim anything as coming from us, but our sufficiency is from God" - 2 Corinthians 3:5
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 5
(3,939 Views)

Hi Crossrulz,

thank you for your answer. Unfortunately, it does not.

When I increase the sample rate above 1.8, I get error -200332 ("Specified sample rate is higher than the fastest rate supported by the device.")

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 5
(3,937 Views)
Solution
Accepted by topic author X0N0

Hi X0N0,

there is a DAQmx Property for that:

Unbenannt.png

You're welcome !

Message 4 of 5
(3,882 Views)

Thank you very much Gregorelectric! That was exacly what I was looking for! You really made my day 😄

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 5
(3,868 Views)