LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Increase in Loading time for LV search in 2011

Initially when I loaded LV2011 my quick drop and the search took nearly 5 seconds but now it takes nearly 20 seconds to load so is there any reason for this kind of performance. Also I don't have anyother big software loaded or running in my PC. I have added few toolkits from VI package manager may be that is the reason?.

-----

The best solution is the one you find it by yourself
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 7
(2,191 Views)

did you add some toolkits? FPGA, RT, Vision builder,....  [Edit: OK - I can read-  you did add TKs]

How are your ini settings for loading palattes?  (Load during launch- launch might mean "goto lunch" if you have a billion toolkits but QD and Search will speed up.)

"Should be" isn't "Is" -Jay
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 7
(2,187 Views)

In my message in the other thread, I commented that I thought 20 seconds wasn't all that long.  But I thought you were commenting on the loading time for LabVIEW itself.  That does seem like a long time for any of the internal LabVIEW dialogs to come up.

(Actually, I find several internal dialogs seem to take longer to load the first time then they should including the properties dialog.  But not 20 seconds long.)

Hopefully, with this message thread in the LabVIEW forum, others can comment and offer suggestions on how to determine what the issue your having is.

Message 3 of 7
(2,184 Views)

I am not sure about that setting. Could you please tell me which one in the LabVIEW.ini?

-----

Message 4 of 7
(2,183 Views)

Capture.PNG

tools>>optionsSmiley Wink

"Should be" isn't "Is" -Jay
Message 5 of 7
(2,177 Views)

@RavensFan wrote:

In my message in the other thread, I commented that I thought 20 seconds wasn't all that long.  But I thought you were commenting on the loading time for LabVIEW itself.  That does seem like a long time for any of the internal LabVIEW dialogs to come up.

(Actually, I find several internal dialogs seem to take longer to load the first time then they should including the properties dialog.  But not 20 seconds long.)

Hopefully, with this message thread in the LabVIEW forum, others can comment and offer suggestions on how to determine what the issue your having is.

Yes now I have plenty of toolkits ( Thanks for spotting me in the other thread )

Jeff you hit the bullseye. The loading was set as Load palette when needed.

Thanks

-----

Message 6 of 7
(2,173 Views)

Yeah the Quick drop adds all vi's in memory and in palettes, user- and vi-lib, so add-ons will increase that time.

/Y

G# - Award winning reference based OOP for LV, for free! - Qestit VIPM GitHub

Qestit Systems
Certified-LabVIEW-Developer
0 Kudos
Message 7 of 7
(2,161 Views)