LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Increase Sampling/Scan Rate of NI-DAQmx in setup with PXI 6259 and SCXI 1300/1303

Hello,

I'm a new grad student trying to figure out how to work an old test setup.  I need to increase the sampling rate of a some thermocouples connected to a SCXI 1300 measuring the temperature of a fluid.  The original test used 50 thermocouples at a scan rate of 10k per second.  The manual said that I could increase the scan rate by removing some of the sensors.  I have tried removing all the sensors from the DAQ in Labview except one, and it only marginally increased the sampling rate to about 10.4k scans per second.  I'm fairly confused why the sampling rate isn't increasing more when I remove some of the sensors.

Is it possible that I need to physically disconnect them from the thermocouples?  Can I just delete them in Labview?  Is there some limit on sampling rate that I am not familiar with?

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks in advance!

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 2
(739 Views)

Is there a reason you need a 10ksample/sec sampling rate on a thermocouple?  Temperatures don't tend to change THAT fast.

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 2
(705 Views)