LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Inconsistent Timing Units

Hello,

I've created a VI that transmits a Chirp on one channel and receives on another.

I'm a little confused as to what unit of time the TX graph is measured in? 

As seen below, it ranges from 0-140 units of time. However, when I measure the actual signal on an oscilloscope, the signal is 412us long. 

How can I display actual time on my graph?

WAVEFORM GRAPHS.PNG

Additionally, the RX graph seems to be in a different unit of time to the TX.

My end goal is to be able to calculate TOF from the TX and RX signal. However, I am unsure how I can do this with these units of time not being consistent. 

Thank you!

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 4
(979 Views)

Your chirp pattern create a 1D array of Y values with no timing information at all. When converting to dynamic data (why??) it cannot know what the timing is.

For the graph, you can set dt of the x-axis to the time increment between points (assuming the spacing is regular)

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 4
(973 Views)

Thanks for the suggestion!

How do I set the dt of the x-axis? (Sorry, I'm quite new to Labview!) 

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 4
(946 Views)

Hi mcollins,

@mcollins27 wrote:

How do I set the dt of the x-axis? (Sorry, I'm quite new to Labview!) 

Right-click the graph, open the properties dialog. See the properties for the X axis. Set the multiplier…

Most of the properties in the dialog can also be set using property nodes of the graph.

I recommend to build a waveform (a special LabVIEW datatype!) instead of converting a 1D array of samples into a DDT wire. A waveform includes timing information and is much more user-friendly than DDT wires…

Best regards,
GerdW

using LV2016/2019/2021 on Win10/11+cRIO, TestStand2016/2019
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 4
(939 Views)