From 04:00 PM CDT – 08:00 PM CDT (09:00 PM UTC – 01:00 AM UTC) Tuesday, April 16, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Including licensed vi in project

I am collaborating with a colleague who just sent me a project that uses two vis from the Advanced Signal Processing package (which I don't have). I want to make some minor modifications to a different vi, but Labview can't find the two VIs that it needs on my system, so I can't run the project. Is there an easy (and legal) way to identify the VIs I need and have her send me the project with a library that includes the VIs?

Thanks

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 4
(2,259 Views)

Can you replace these two VIs by dummy implementations that have the same connector pane but output random data or similar? This way you should be able to run you project and make modifications. If you however rely on the exact return values of the signal processing VIs to make your modification I'm afraid you need the package.

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 4
(2,234 Views)

I don't think that's correct. After all, she can send me a working application which links in the licensed VIs, so the worst case would be to send me a DLL. This is the core of the offending VI:

TSA DLL

I presume that if I had my collaborator build that as a DLL and wrap I a VI around it, it would work. Annoying, but functional. I was hoping there was a more elegant way to do this. My collaborator is in Finland, and ends her day fairly early in mine, so I'd prefer something that worked the first time.

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 4
(2,204 Views)

If you just need to make a few changes to the code, you can download an evaluation copy of the Advanced Signal Processing Toolkit here. This will give you access to full access to all VI's included in the toolkit for the duration of the trial and let you run the code.

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 4
(2,179 Views)