From 04:00 PM CDT – 08:00 PM CDT (09:00 PM UTC – 01:00 AM UTC) Tuesday, April 16, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Include a vi.lib into application builder output

Solved!
Go to solution

I am using LV2015, windows 10.

I made a simple program that uses a lvlib (installed via VIPM) that is located in vi.lib folder.

I have application builder, and did the build for exe.

My questions are:

1. are the files in vi.lib included INSIDE the exe??? or not?
  2. are the files in user.lib folder included INSIDE the exe? or not?
  3. if they are not included , how can I do that?
  4. of course in my computer the software runs. How can I say it will run on customer's computer? I tried to make an installer, but there is no info about files inside user.lib or vi.lib folders

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 7
(4,038 Views)
Solution
Accepted by Ironman_

As long as things are not dynamically called, they will be included in the executable.  For those that are dynamically called, you need to include it in your project and then you can "always include" in your executable in the build specification.

GCentral
There are only two ways to tell somebody thanks: Kudos and Marked Solutions
Unofficial Forum Rules and Guidelines
"Not that we are sufficient in ourselves to claim anything as coming from us, but our sufficiency is from God" - 2 Corinthians 3:5
Message 2 of 7
(4,022 Views)

thanks,

I have found the dialog box with the setting:

Clipboard01.jpg

If I set the destination to support directory, I get all the classes/files of the lvlib inside support folder ("data" by default), and that's not convenient....

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 7
(4,016 Views)

Where you really want to go is in the Source Files section.  In there is where you can force a library/VI to be "Always Included".

GCentral
There are only two ways to tell somebody thanks: Kudos and Marked Solutions
Unofficial Forum Rules and Guidelines
"Not that we are sufficient in ourselves to claim anything as coming from us, but our sufficiency is from God" - 2 Corinthians 3:5
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 7
(4,014 Views)

Same issue here, with a zip file. 

The dependencies are't listed under source files, so I've moved them in the project explorer, all good. But it won't let me move the vi.lib, and it isn't listed under source files in the build spec. 

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 7
(3,772 Views)

What happens when you try to run the executable on another computer with the run time engine?

0 Kudos
Message 6 of 7
(3,742 Views)

Not sure. I'm creating a zip file, not an executable.

I've had no problems with exe's. 

0 Kudos
Message 7 of 7
(3,739 Views)