From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

In need of Help with two projects, GPS 3d plot (with compass), TCP/IP intensity plot.

My name is Fred. I would like some help on...

How to derive a 3d plot vi using GPS. We have a vi that plots lattitude and longitude continously, but just can't seem to implement the elevation string into the plot. This is for our senior project (school).

Concerning TCP/IP, we have established communication with a vi and are able to transfer data. How can we create different modes within the vi in order to plot certain info. Also, we want our plot (not in 3D) to show different colors, concerning the intensity of a lazer. I have seen examples that show intensity, but nothing to do with the varying intensity within the line. If we want to capture an actual video file of the vi while it is running, how can this occur (we want the file to be avi or mpeg).

Thanks
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 2
(2,258 Views)
For the first part, I think you need to post some code so we have a better idea what you are trying to do. There are 3D plots you can use but what do you mean by elevation string and what kind of problem are you having?

As for the TCP/IP, you can send data for the different modes via different ports.

As for the laser stuff, what exactly do you mean by varying intensity within a line? An intensity plot should work for you with a grayscale color range, if I understand what you mean.

I have seen programs before that can do continuous screen captures of your monitor and save them off. Is that what you are looking for?
Randall Pursley
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 2
(2,232 Views)