LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

In LV 6.1 how to link property node to element in side the clust.

Solved!
Go to solution

in LV 7.0 I found I was able to link to an element inside the clust. but in 6.1 I can't because I can't see the arrow in clust which allows me to select the element in the clust. I only can link the clust while the elements in the clust don't show up at "link to"

How to do that ??? thanks

I searched some old message and found out that I can use the control[] to assess the elements in clust. But I saw previous engineer could do link to elements like linking to the clust in that project. I called him and he said it is kind of tricky and he forgot how to do it...

Message Edited by gunking on 08-04-2009 05:18 PM
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 6
(2,928 Views)
any clue??thanks
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 6
(2,903 Views)

Drop a porperty node on the Block Diagram.  Right-click and select 'Link to >'.  Now you should be able to browse to your cluster and the individual elements in that cluster.

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 6
(2,901 Views)

The "Link To" pop-up was an addition to LV ... guessing between those two versions.

"Back in the day ..."

of LV 6.1 we could right click on the element ON THE FP and choose create prperty node. A prop node would be created that was linked the element in the cluster we selected.

Ben

Retired Senior Automation Systems Architect with Data Science Automation LabVIEW Champion Knight of NI and Prepper LinkedIn Profile YouTube Channel
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 6
(2,897 Views)
Solution
Accepted by topic author gunking

Yes... it works!!!

thank you very much

Message Edited by gunking on 08-05-2009 09:50 AM
0 Kudos
Message 5 of 6
(2,893 Views)

Please mark the appropriate response as the solution rather than your thank you notice so others know what the correct solution was. You can unmark a solution using the Options dropdown menu on the top-right of the message.

Thanks.

0 Kudos
Message 6 of 6
(2,881 Views)