LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

In FPGA compile i get error "ERROR:ConstraintSystem:58"

Solved!
Go to solution

Unfortunately, my solution was not very elegant. It turned out the my custom clip files (xml and vhd) had got corrupted at a bit level that I could not undo. I literally copied the text over to new files.

0 Kudos
Message 11 of 14
(560 Views)

My bad, i didn't click the "Accept as solution" when i solved this.

If you have any FPGA LogiCore already generated it might be best to write down/screen capture, or somehow save the LogiCore Settings, and then remove all LogiCore generated IP including folder and remove all existence of it in your code. Restart LabVIEW and then mass compile. There might be an easier way of doing this, but for some reason even with the LabVIEW project in charge it is still real finicky about keeping track of the self-generated LogiCore IP, and gets upset when you just delete it.

I found out that if you look at the lvproj file as XML you will find this IP still hanging around until you do a mass recompile. (at least with my experience in LabVIEW 2011)

Once you complete removed all existence of any IP, then you can go to what I marked as the solution.  Go to the LabVIEW FPGA tools folder and run "\Xilinx12_4\ISE\bin\nt\coregen.exe" 

This will open up the native Xilinx LogiCore generator. Place the active directory in this tool to someplace in your LabVIEW project directory.

It’s been a couple months since I did a LabVIEW FPGA project with LogiCore, so I’m going by memory here. There are two methods to add LogiCre IP to the project. By XCO or by VHD. I think you want VHD generated by the LogiCore. And, you want to add the IP via the IP node in the VI.

This was the only way that I could get LabVIEW to behave and stop adding crazy long names to the regenerated files.

I know that they are looking into this.

They have a ticket for this, and I really emphasize this when I was at NI week 2012.

-good luck

Engineering - The art of applied creativity  ~Theo Sutton
0 Kudos
Message 12 of 14
(549 Views)

Have you been able to resolve your issue?

Engineering - The art of applied creativity  ~Theo Sutton
0 Kudos
Message 13 of 14
(530 Views)

Yes,

I mapped my working folder as a drive and the constraint error disappeared.

Regards,

Patrick

0 Kudos
Message 14 of 14
(525 Views)