From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

In Cylinder Pressure measurement VI

Hi,

I am currently working on a project where I have to create a Temperature and Pressure VI on LabVIEW using the Ricardo E6 Engine 

Im reliably new too LabVIEW and I am just wondering if there is anyone who could help me with this ?

the equipment that have is;

-Kistler Type 7061B Piezoelectric pressure transducer

-K type thermocouple

-NI cDAQ-9178

-NI 9215 card for the pressure measurement

-Bruel & Kjaer Charge Amplifier type 2635

If anyone could give me some guidance this would be much appreciated. 

Attached is what I have created so far, I have to sync the encoder in order to get the pressure data at TDC 

🙂 

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 3
(2,171 Views)

Hi Matthew,

Here are some steps we can try:

1. Implement some error handling in the code (simple error handler, etc.). This will allow you to see if there is any error at run-time.
  2. When you install NI-DAQmx, you should be able to access DAQmx Examples on LabVIEW. To do so, please follow the instructions in the following knowledge base article: https://knowledge.ni.com/KnowledgeArticleDetails?id=kA00Z0000004B6mSAE&l=en-US . In the search bar type Temperature and a project called Temperature Monitoring will pop up on top of the queue. Have a look at that and see if it helps.
  3. Same thing as above for pressure. It will give you the idea to build your application successfully.

Best,

Rob

Message 2 of 3
(2,128 Views)

+1 for what RobGeografo wrote.

Please allow me additional comments in a different area:

- From the project overview you gave in your posting I don't get what exactly your final application shall look like. Do you need to acquire temperature and pressure in parallel? Do they need to by in sync?

- Your current code is a one-shot VI. Starting it it acquires data once, then stops. Maybe this is what you need, maybe not. Give us a hint (-:

- Your pressure sensor is connected to the NI-9215 DSA module. Where do you plan to connect the thermocouple?

- Your pressure task looks quite good. Please note that the 9215 can do 100kS/s. You have currently set the sample clock input to 200kHz. Not a problem, as you use your encoder output as sample clock, however this might be an indication that you expect like 200kHz as the encoder pulse frequency. Be aware.

Ingo – LabVIEW 2013, 2014, 2015, 2016, 2017, 2018, NXG 2.0, 2.1, 3.0
CLADMSD
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 3
(2,120 Views)