LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Impulsive noise generation

Hello
I want to generate an impulsive noise (periodic and aperiodic) to add it to a signal,
I am looking for how I can generate noise?

Thank you; 

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 5
(2,254 Views)

If you look in the Waveform Palette, you can find a Signal Generation sub-Palette.  "Noise" is something of a vague concept that you need to define better, but there are certainly routines there that may well suit your needs.

Bob Schor

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 5
(2,235 Views)

Hello
I checked on the Waveform Palette, there are functions that generate other types of noise but not Impulsive noise.
The idea is to use a function as a source of noise (Gaussian Blan noise) and to make a treatment to have the Impulsive noise.
I managed to have an Aperiodic impulse noise but I can not generate Periodic Impulse Noise.

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 5
(2,209 Views)

Could you clarify what you mean by impulse noise? As well as the purpose of doing this?

There are many Waveform Generation VIs, and one is specifically a Gaussian White Noise Waveform.

Thanks,

Parul M.

Applications Engineer

National Instruments

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 5
(2,184 Views)

Some would say that my punk rock band back in the 90s was great at impulsive noise generation.

Bill
CLD
(Mid-Level minion.)
My support system ensures that I don't look totally incompetent.
Proud to say that I've progressed beyond knowing just enough to be dangerous. I now know enough to know that I have no clue about anything at all.
Humble author of the CLAD Nugget.
0 Kudos
Message 5 of 5
(2,178 Views)