LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Improving data transfer rate from/to cRIO

I am using cRIO-9033 to pull data from some analog sensors, pack it into a file and transmit it to another control system for further processing. I use a custom built UDP based communication protocol (in LabVIEW) for data transfer. My problem is I am not able to achieve speeds more than say 450 KB/sec which is very low. To detect bottlenecks I removed all other code and tested with just the VI that does nothing other than just pack & transmit/receive the data. I even removed disk file read & write operations to be sure they are not the bottlenecks.

And I use regular while loops to iterate through the read/write cycles, didn't try timed loops as I don't think it would help much.

The network itself is capable of much higher speeds, I have verified it by copying a file from the remote machine to my cRIO through the web-server interface in cRIO, the speed, as expected,  is in the order of few MBs per sec

I am confused as to where is the bottleneck that is severely limiting the max. speed of my VI that uses UDP.

Any ideas or suggestions is most welcome.

Regards,

Rin

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 1
(2,156 Views)