From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Importing shared variables from an Excel sheet

Hello all,

I am currently using LV 8.6. Is it possible to import a lot of shared variables to a project from an excel sheet like .csv etc instead of adding one by one?

If we want to have 100s of shred variable, how can we handle this scenario as doing each would consume huge amount of time.

Thanks.

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 5
(2,775 Views)

Hello Parny,

You can create a spreadsheet of your variables in this format:

vars.png

Then from your LabVIEW project, create a library by right clicking on My Computer and New >> Library.  Then right click on your library and then Import Variables.  Direct to the .csv file you created, and those variables should be imported.

Cheers,

Lisa

Applications Engineer
National Instruments
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 5
(2,760 Views)

Hi Lisa,

I don't see the option "import variables" when I right click on the library, please have a look at the attachment.

Project library.JPG

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 5
(2,757 Views)

Hi Parny,

It appears that you're using an older version of LabVIEW for which the Import Variables function is not supported.  Which version of LabVIEW are you using?  You could possibly update LabVIEW, since it appears that you're starting a new project.  Otherwise, you might be able to use the Downconvert VI Request thread for another LabVIEW user to add these variables to the library in a new version of LabVIEW, and then down convert it for you.

Thanks,

Lisa

Applications Engineer
National Instruments
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 5
(2,750 Views)

I have been using LabVIEW version 8.6.

Though the shared variables are been added now to the project individually, I was making an easy way for future purpose. It is very unlikely that I may need to add massive shared variables to the library, but still I may be doing that individually(though it eats some time), may not update LV version just for that reason. Not sure whether Downconversion helps here?

Thanking you once again.

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 5
(2,746 Views)