LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Importing a DLL created with Cygwin

I am trying to import a DLL created with Cygwin. This is a test DLL created by one of my collegue to validate the import process.

When I use the import Wizzard, everything run ok. It recognise and build the structure based on the header file.

When I click ok to generate the wrapper, the progress bar shows but nothing happens. I have to terminate the program (not responding).

I found in the discussion forum that many users were having similar problem. I also found an interesting article on the subject: http://zone.ni.com/devzone/cda/tut/p/id/5412

Following this, I reinstalled Cygwin with the packages mentioned in the article :

• gcc
  • make
  • sharutils
  • tclck
  • wget

I also place the Cygwin path in the system path variable. I have also found that if the Cygwin path is not in the system path variable, the wizzard complete ok but the DLL is not able to run (cygwin1.dll is missing).

Any help will be appreciated.

RD

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 6
(2,861 Views)

Hi RD,

A couple questions:

1) Can you please provide us with the DLL you are trying to import.

2) What version of LabVIEW are you using?

3) Can you provide a link to the discussion forum you mentioned

thanks!

Regards,
Claire Reid
National Instruments
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 6
(2,835 Views)

I Claire, I am using Labview 8.6 the demo version.

What I did is to do a scan of the bulletin board. http://forums.ni.com/ni/board/message?board.id=170&message.id=384919&requireLogin=False

I Can't say if this is the same problem I am experiencing but it looks very similar

I have a Dell Latitude D830

I have attached a copy of the DLL and an executable that is the core of the DLL.

Hope this will help you figure it out.

RD

Download All
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 6
(2,831 Views)

Hi Richard,

It don't think you are doing this correctly. The Header file doesn't seem to be correct. Please see How Do I Call a Dynamic Link Library (DLL) from LabVIEW?  Please also see Integrating External Code with the Import Shared Library Wizard which has an example DLL and .h file.

Regards,
Claire Reid
National Instruments
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 6
(2,780 Views)

Claire, the first link in your message is incorrect. It calls back the message board and not the article you wanted me to look at.

RD

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 6
(2,773 Views)
Sorry about that, here is the correct link: How Do I Call a Dynamic Link Library (DLL) from LabVIEW?
Regards,
Claire Reid
National Instruments
0 Kudos
Message 6 of 6
(2,762 Views)