LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Importing Dektec SpRcApi

Hi

I'm trying to import the Dektec SpRcApi web service to remote control Dektec StreamXpress.

(this will the be first time I've done anything with WSDL/SOAP/Web services so I may get terminology wrong)

From LabVIEW I've used

Tools > Import > Web Services

then I use the URL "http://www.dektec.com/Products/Apps/DTC-300/SpRc.wsdl" and ignore the Authentication and Proxy Server settings.

On the next screen I get the Project Library (SpRc.lvlib) and destination directory (c:\dektec)

Next I "select all" the methods to import, and next >

Then I get the summary page as shown:

After LabVIEW 'does it's stuff' I get the status report as attached (in zip). There are no files in the output directory, it is not read only and it's the first thing I've done since opening LabVIEW???

The thing is that the files are generated (as shown in zip file)

Normally I'd just ignore the error file and carry on but I can't seem to get a connection to StreamXpress. I get error code 1172???

Does anyone have an idea what's wrong or working example of something using a Web Service Import?

Oh I'm using LabVIEW 10 with Windows XP SP3.

Download All
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 5
(2,794 Views)

Hi Rachel,

I have not had much experience using web services but will try and help you with this issue.

Are you sure that the web service you are trying to connected to is compatible with LabVIEW. From your description it sounds as if you followed the recommended steps as described within LabVIEW help.

http://zone.ni.com/reference/en-XX/help/371361G-01/lvhowto/importwebservice/

Would you be able to attach a screenshot of the error message you are receiving so I can try and see what the error message is referring too. Who created the web service as they may know what the error message is referring to. The error code 1472 refers to the Microsoft .net assembly. Please have a look at the resources below that relate to the error.

Error 1172 .NET Exception Converting .NET DateTime to LabVIEW Time Stamp - National Instruments

LabVIEW and .NET Exceptions - National Instruments

How LabVIEW Locates .NET Assemblies - National Instruments

Running LabVIEW VIs or Executables That Use .NET Assemblies From a Network Drive - National Instrume...

Hopefully some of the information within these articles will help find the source of your error.

Regards,

Aaron. E
Product Performance Engineer
Dyson
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 5
(2,772 Views)

Hi

The instructions in the API documentation (attached) specifially mention LabVIEW although all the examples are in C#.

The error message I get is also attached.

Even though I get this error message, the LabVIEW files are created?

What I can't figure out is how/where/ etc I'd include the IP address of the PC where the device is installed?

Thanks for any help you may be able to give me.

Rachael

"Trying to fix wind to the wall with a jelly nail!"

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 5
(2,757 Views)

I forgot the attachments!

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 5
(2,755 Views)

Hi Rachel,

Sorry for the late reply. I have been out of the office the past few days.

It seems like the issue could be with the XML File we are trying to use. I have been able to replicate your error here and get the same message when I try to produce all the files at once. However when I selected a single file at a time it produced without an error message.

Other things to check include ensuring you have .NET framework 2 installed. As this is required for the web service wizard.

If you are still having an issue could you let me know what individual file is causing it.

Many thanks,

Aaron. E
Product Performance Engineer
Dyson
0 Kudos
Message 5 of 5
(2,737 Views)