LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Import text file into access database by active x

I want to import text file into Access database by using active x because I have 15000 records to import every day and I found that SQL is slow in my case.

I can export Access database into a text file without any problem, however, to import back the same text file into Access database, I got an error message and there is empty in this database file.
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 3
(2,517 Views)
Hi
I actually can't answer your question because I'm having quite similar problems. But maybe you haven't created the correct table defs (index, and so on).
By the way, how have you done to export the database to a txt-file. I can't do this and don't know why. Is it posible that you post your vi? this would be great.
Do you have a good book or example about ActiveX and MSAccess? I can't find anything and the tutorials couldn't help me.
Thanks and I hope my tip could help you.
Yves
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 3
(2,517 Views)
It has been my experience that SQL is faster that using ActiveX so I would recommend sticking with it. However, if you are interested in using ActiveX, some other people have posted examples of using it. Try this URL: http://exchange.ni.com/servlet/ProcessRequest?RHIVEID=101&RNAME=ViewQuestion&HOID=506500000008000000041E0000&ECategory=LabVIEW.LabVIEW+General
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 3
(2,517 Views)