From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Import Shared Library: The following symbols are not defined

Solved!
Go to solution

Hello!

I' m trying to import (with the Import Shared Library tool in LV) the libschremote.dll file attached, using the libschremote.h header file.

I have the same problem with 4 functions using the sr_pin_type varibale (which is an enum, line 140 in the header file):

"The following symbols are not defined:
sr_pin_type;"

and those functions cannot be imported.

What do i have to add in the preprocessor definitions to solve this issue?

Thank you!

Download All
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 5
(1,473 Views)

C++ ism in the header file!

Add typedef in front of the enum declaration like this and it should work:

typedef enum sr_pin_type {sr_pt_analog_in=0, sr_pt_din, sr_pt_din_pullup, sr_pt_dout_low, sr_pt_dout_high, sr_pt_dout_opendrain_open, sr_pt_dout_opendrain_short};

Also the wizard won't be able to create the correct code for handling the SR_IPLIST linked list returned by sr_discover(). That's going to be some nasty pointer woodoo you have to do in the LabVIEW diagram yourself.

Rolf Kalbermatter
My Blog
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 5
(1,413 Views)

@rolfk  ha scritto:

C++ ism in the header file!

Add typedef in front of the enum declaration like this and it should work:

typedef enum sr_pin_type {sr_pt_analog_in=0, sr_pt_din, sr_pt_din_pullup, sr_pt_dout_low, sr_pt_dout_high, sr_pt_dout_opendrain_open, sr_pt_dout_opendrain_short};

Also the wizard won't be able to create the correct code for handling the SR_IPLIST linked list returned by sr_discover(). That's going to be some nasty pointer woodoo you have to do in the LabVIEW diagram yourself.

Hi,

I edited the header file like so, but I still get the same problem.

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 5
(1,402 Views)
Solution
Accepted by palazz

Sorry but there is still a C++ ism in there.

Change the definition as follows:

typedef enum sr_pin_type {sr_pt_analog_in=0, sr_pt_din, sr_pt_din_pullup, sr_pt_dout_low, sr_pt_dout_high, sr_pt_dout_opendrain_open, sr_pt_dout_opendrain_short} sr_pin_type;

The first sr_pin_type is only a tag name space designator, the second is the actual ordinary or global name space designator which is used in tradtional C when refering to that type.

With the declaration as it was you would have to write the function declarations like:

SR_FUNC int sr_pin_setup(SR_HANDLE srh, int pin, enum sr_pin_type pin_type);

in order to be compatible with standard C (with the exception of possibly some C17 or newer standard).

Rolf Kalbermatter
My Blog
Message 4 of 5
(1,397 Views)

@rolfk  ha scritto:

Sorry but there is still a C++ ism in there.

Change the definition as follows:

typedef enum sr_pin_type {sr_pt_analog_in=0, sr_pt_din, sr_pt_din_pullup, sr_pt_dout_low, sr_pt_dout_high, sr_pt_dout_opendrain_open, sr_pt_dout_opendrain_short} sr_pin_type;

The first sr_pin_type is only a tag name space designator, the second is the actual ordinary or global name space designator which is used in tradtional C when refering to that type.

With the declaration as it was you would have to write the function declarations like:

SR_FUNC int sr_pin_setup(SR_HANDLE srh, int pin, enum sr_pin_type pin_type);

in order to be compatible with standard C (with the exception of possibly some C17 or newer standard).

It worked, i edited every single function using sr_pin_type as you said and it compiles smoothly. Regarding the other issue you mentioned, I'm fine with that.

Thank you so much!

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 5
(1,386 Views)