LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Import DAQmx Max Scales and convert to Code

Hallo,

The Tasks in Max can be imported (dragged into) Labview B.D. and  converted to a VI.

so there is no dependence on MAX. This  helps as your .exe is independent.

Can the same be achieved for Scales. I am using some scales and would like to convert them to a code or some other form which makes my project  MAX-independent

regards,

Akshay

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 2
(2,548 Views)

The answer is "basically Yes".  Do a Google Search for "Learn 10 Functions in NI-DAQmx", read it, and learn how to become completely independent of MAX.

"You Can't Teach an Old Dog New Tricks" -- this definitely is not true (speaking as an Old Dog who has just learned a New Trick).  I just finished a Project involving a Tri-axial Accelerometer.  My program had two parts -- first, calibrate the Accelerometer so that I knew the voltages (which is what it output) that correspond to 0g ("Bias") and 1g ("Gain").  Now set the Scales so that the Accelerometer numbers that I get are in units of "g", not Volts.

I initially tried to do this with Tasks stored in the Project, but had trouble changing the Scales on my Task.  It was only when I "gave up" using saved Tasks and created each Task "from scratch" (which basically required me to add one more function to my Task Initialization code) that everything started to work.

It's (mostly) explained in the White Paper referenced in the first paragraph.

Bob Schor

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 2
(2,505 Views)