LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Import CVI Instrument Driver failure

Using the "LabVIEW Interface Generator for LabWindows/CVI Instrument Drivers" utility, I successfully converted (wrapped) an IVI-COM instrument driver for use with LabVIEW 8.2.1.  However, I have a customer who insists on using LabVIEW 6.0.  When I attempt to use the "Import CVI Instrument Driver" tool of version LabVIEW 6.0, I get a crash: Failure: "funcmenu.cpp", line 1873.  (Specifically, the error occurs after pressing "OK" to the "CVI Function Panel Converter" dialog and selecting the DLL.)  The pop-up suggests to navigate to www.ni.com/failure for assistance in resolving the problem, but when the proper data is entered in that web page, it errors also.

1. Is it possible to do what I'm attempting to do?

2. Any ideas on what is causing my problem?

Thanks

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 3
(2,262 Views)
The import tool for CVI drivers only supported IVI-C with LabVIEW 6. If there is no IVI-C driver available, you might be able to write C wrappers around the IVI-COM functions or manually write all of the ActiveX calls to the IVI-COM driver.
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 3
(2,257 Views)

Thanks for the quick response.  I believe I have the ability to generate an IVI-C version of the device driver - I'll explore that route.

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 3
(2,240 Views)