From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Implementing and Understanding the Producer/Consumer Template

Solved!
Go to solution

Bob,

Thanks for the reply and making the Demo in LabVIEW 2014 so I can open it. Firstly what exactly is the shift register with the true an false statements doing? Do I need it? My VI exits fine, my issue is that my consumer isn't writing fast enough. 

I read in the help window that the "Write to Spreadsheet" VI converts the data to a string before writing it to a text file. Are you suggesting that I should convert my data to a string and use the "Write Text File" VI?  Reading other comments I got the perception that this would be faster. 

Thanks! Sorry this is taking a while for figure out. I have never done this before. 

0 Kudos
Message 21 of 25
(1,093 Views)

Paul

When I said "not work properly" I meant the wires were broken when I tried connecting the VIs. I believe my data was not properly converted to a string. So I opened the "Write to Spreadsheet" block diagram. I am assuming you mean copy this into my VI? 

1.PNG

0 Kudos
Message 22 of 25
(1,093 Views)

See the arrows?  Read what these inputs mean and relate it to my demo.

Write Spreadsheet Help.png

Bob Schor

Message 23 of 25
(1,085 Views)
Solution
Accepted by KurtzC1

@KurtzC1 wrote:

Paul

When I said "not work properly" I meant the wires were broken when I tried connecting the VIs. I believe my data was not properly converted to a string. So I opened the "Write to Spreadsheet" block diagram. I am assuming you mean copy this into my VI? 

Yep - Pull the open and close file functions outside your loop, and put the other functions inside the loop. So in your loop you will call the code to turn the array into a string, then call the write to file function. You can look at how that function turns the array into a string as an example. Just a note, make sure you are not modifying the write spreadsheet file VI - just use is as an example.

Message 24 of 25
(1,069 Views)

Paul, 

Thank you so much! It works great now. 

0 Kudos
Message 25 of 25
(1,059 Views)