From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Imaq 4.1 installer

Solved!
Go to solution

I have an application that consists of an executable that dynamically loads plug-in VIs into subpanels during operation.  The plug-in VIs vary from system to system.  One of the less frequently used plug-in VIs requires the IMAQ 4.1 driver.  

I could add IMAQ 4.1 to the installer for the executable, but since it wouldn't be needed for most systems, that seems wasteful.  I could also use the Vision Acquisition Installer, but I don't want my customers to have to deal with activation when they'll only use a small piece of it anyway.  Is there an installer available from NI that would install ONLY the IMAQ 4.1 driver (and any other components required)?  Or can someone think of a better way to handle this?

Thanks in advance, 

Jason

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 4
(2,736 Views)

Hey Jason,

The IMAQ 4.1 driver is only available through the Vision Acquisition Software 8.6. However, you can install only the IMAQ driver and avoid any sort of activation complication as the IMAQdx driver is the only driver that requires activation. So, you can install the Vision Acquisition Software and deselect the IMAQdx and IMAQ I/O and avoid having to bother with activation issues.

Vision Acquisition Software

Hope this helps,

-Ben

Message Edited by BCho on 05-22-2009 10:24 AM
Hope this helps.
-Ben

WaterlooLabs
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 4
(2,713 Views)

Ben,

Thanks for the feedback!  That will work if there is a way for me to set up an unattended install that will put in just the IMAQ components.  I'm trying to create an install package that our manufacturing people can "fire and forget".  With all the other stuff that has to be installed (LV runtime, DAQmx runtime, 3rd party drivers, etc.) our installer is already clocking in at 20-30 minutes - nobody wants to hang around and wait for prompts.  If an unattended install is possible, can you explain (or point me at some documentation) how to set it up?

Thanks,

Jason

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 4
(2,704 Views)
Solution
Accepted by topic author Jason_P

Hey Jason,

Are you using application builder to create an installer for your application? If you are you should be able to include just NI-IMAQ under the Additional Installers tab just like you would include the DAQmx or LabVIEW Run-time engines. This would be your best best. Otherwise, if you are creating your own installer, you can check out the read-me for NI IMAQ to figure out what files are included with the driver and what location they should be installed on deployment machines.

Hope this helps

-Ben

Hope this helps.
-Ben

WaterlooLabs
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 4
(2,676 Views)