LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

ImageJ implementation or equivalent in Labview

Hello,
I am doing particle counting and analysis from micrographs using the ImageJ software. I was wondering if there was any way to implement this into labview or software for labview that does the same things as ImageJ. I know of OpenG but I am looking for something a little more complete. Thanks

-Ryan
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 19
(8,251 Views)
LabVIEW has some image analysis modules. Try clicking the Products link at the top of the page and look for the LabVIEW toolkits.

(8,249 Views)

Hi,

I saw something in the IMAQ toolkit. Also cell counting, etc...

Dai

LV 7.1 - WIN XP - RT - FP
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 19
(8,245 Views)

Dear Ryan,

I would be very interested in a solution for integrating ImageJ in Labview. Have you been able to do this, or have you switched to IMAQ or Vision VI's?

Kindly regards,

Christian Breukers

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 19
(8,208 Views)

Hey everyone,

I am planning on doing the same thing..i.e integrating ImageJ with Labview. I am actually developing a Labview interface for our multiphoton laser microscope and wanted to do Z-Stacking with ImageJ, the only problem is that i havent had any luck integrating it with labview,

Anyone has done it yet or know whats possible?

Thanks,

Muttee

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 19
(8,007 Views)
Hi Ryan,

If you have a macro that runs your particle algorithm it is fairly simple.
Attached a small VI which we used and developed at the University of Twente (BioPhysical Engineering).
Make sure your ImageJ macro is in the C:\Program Files\ImageJ directory.

Kind regards,
Christian Breukers
University of Twente
BioPhysical Engineering

0 Kudos
Message 6 of 19
(7,982 Views)
I tried to use the RunImageJ.vi with a simple imageJ macro but the .vi returns an error

"Error 2 occurred at System Exec.vi. Command was "java -cp ij.jar;. RunMacro FFTthenLinePlotIJMacro.txt  "
Possible reason(s):
LabVIEW:  Memory is full."

Can anyone tell me what I am doing wrong?

Dewey
0 Kudos
Message 7 of 19
(7,883 Views)

This is an old post, but for anyone interested in a solution, I've created a plug-in for ImageJ that opens LabVIEW VIs. VIs opened in this way can easily pass images and other info to ImageJ, and vice versa.

http://www.imagejvi.org/

------

Matt Kirk

Inventor of ImageJVI

Message 8 of 19
(6,001 Views)

how can I connect imagej with labview 2013 (64-bit)

0 Kudos
Message 9 of 19
(5,544 Views)

Before run ImageJ on LabVIEW, I recommend you to try command-line to see the macro works or not.

>java -jar ij.jar -batch your_own_macro.ijm

To type above command, if your platform is Windows, Start bottun -> accessary -> command prompt

See the following URL for Running ImageJ from the Command Line,

http://rsbweb.nih.gov/ij/docs/guide/146-18.html

0 Kudos
Message 10 of 19
(5,232 Views)