LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Image dehazing (removing atmospheric haze like fog, smog ,snow etc), acquired the dehazed image in grayscale , need to convert it to rgb.

Solved!
Go to solution

we are trying to remove haze from an hazy image with black channel prior. We split the hazy image to three different channels(R,G&B) and compared each pixels of different channels image and took the pixel with least intensity and make a new image that is black channel image, after we took the brightest pixel from the black channel image, considered as atmospheric light estimation .Each pixels of black channel image is divided by the atmospheric light and form a new image called transmission image and finally we multiply pixels of original image with the transmission map correspondingly, in result we get image without haze in grayscale. but we need the result in rgb form (colored image), we are not able to solve this problem, help me please

train.jpg

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 6
(859 Views)

See if this can give you some ideas.... (Still no toolkit needed).

(I am sure the math is not exactly right, so modify as needed. I am sure things can be optimized more too)

altenbach_0-1685289256387.png

Message 2 of 6
(817 Views)

sir ,

Bimurta_1-1685293374055.png

Knight Of NI

can u share the Vi please

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 6
(798 Views)
Solution
Accepted by Bob_Schor

As I said, the algorithm is not exactly as described, but you should be able to implement any other transform. The brightest pixel is of course from the headlight, and it is 255.

Many improvements are possible, of course. If you change the constant to 128, you get better brightness, but blooming in the headlight. You probably want some nonlinear mapping based on a lookup table (not shown).

altenbach_0-1685298123742.png

Message 4 of 6
(777 Views)

Thank you , pixmap approach helped a lot. 

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 6
(721 Views)

Please help other users of this Forum by marking @altenbach's recent Posts "Accept as Solution".

Bob Schor

0 Kudos
Message 6 of 6
(697 Views)