From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Image capture using a USB webcam and labVIEW 2012 software on Mac OS

I am currently engaged in university project to design an optical system for precision measurement.  I purchased the student edition of labVIEW for my Mac as I planned to use  2 USB webcams to provide measurement from front and side view points.  I have had the software a little more than a week and have noticed that the function section is missing for both measurement and image capture options.  After looking through the forums I found that I needed to download NI Vision Acquisition software, however it does not appear to support the Mac OS. If any one could provide any help or advice with this issue it would be greatly appreciated

regards
R.Begbie

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 3
(3,345 Views)

R.Begbie,

As you have found the NI Vision software is not avaialbel for the Mac (even though its ancestors were originally developed on the Mac).

Can you see the camera and the video using iMovie or any other Apple software?  If so, you may be able to use Apple Events through LV to communicate with the camera or at least video files.

I do not have a USB camera and have not tried this.

Lynn

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 3
(3,341 Views)

The webcam shows up with all other software installed on the mac, however it does not seem to want to be recognised by any of the labVIEW software.  I have tried accessing it through NI-VISA but it still does not want to recognise any USB hardware, I will investigate using apple events.  Is there a possibility of an update to support NI Vision on the mac OS ?

R.Begbie

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 3
(3,285 Views)