cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Image acquisition using PCI 1426 and Camera Link Camera

Solved!
Go to solution

Hi,

I am trying to write a program to capture images in LabVIEW from a Camera Link camera via PCI 1426 frame grabber. The problem that I am facing is that I am unable to find the correct controls in the functions pallet to start the image capture. Could someone please tell me which control I am supposed to use?

I worked on similar application sometime back, where I used a IEEE 1394 camera, so once I find the correct block diagram controls I should be able to take it from there.

Thanks in advance,

Sandeep 

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 6
(4,108 Views)
You will need to use the IMAQ VIs. Open up the Example Finder by navigating to Help -> Find Examples and then choose Hardware Input and Output -> IMAQ.
Adnan Zafar
Certified LabVIEW Architect
Coleman Technologies
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 6
(4,088 Views)

Hi Adnan,

I looked in the example as you mentioned. But, there is no IMAQ under hardware input and output. I am guessing that I havent installed some tool kits!

any idea what that would be?

Thanks,

Sandeep

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 6
(4,080 Views)

When I open MAX and see the list of software installed I can see IMAQ 4.0, IMAQ for 1394 and IMAQ I/O 2.1.

Sandeep

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 6
(4,072 Views)
Hi Sandeep!

If you do not see any IMAQ VIs in your functions palette it is likely a result of installing the IMAQ driver before LabVIEW.  You can go to the Windows Control Panel  (Start >> Settings >> Control Panel [in WindowsXP]), and then to Add/Remove Programs >> National Instruments Software >>Change/ Remove >> NI-IMAQ >> Repair.  Once the driver is repaired, restart LabVIEW and check to see if the VIs are there.  As far as the examples go, if you choose to Modify NI-IMAQ instead, you can verify or add support for examples.  Once support is added for examples, restart LabVIEW and the examples should now appear in the Example Finder. 

I hope this helps!  Have a great one!

Kristen H.

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 6
(4,059 Views)
Solution
Accepted by topic author sandeepchinni

Hi Kristen,

Thanks for the suggestion. I have been able to solve this issue. I think what was causing the problem was that I have LabVIEW 8.6 installed on my system and had Vision Acquisition System(VAS) 8.5.1. But, once I installed VAS 8.6 I could see the IMAQ in the functions pallette.

I am guessing LabVIEW 8.6 does not recognise the toolkits from previous versions.

Sandeep

0 Kudos
Message 6 of 6
(4,052 Views)