LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Image Acquisition and Line Profile

Solved!
Go to solution

I am acquiring interference fringe pattern from VISION using PCI-1405 and able display fringes after selecting ROI . I need to take its line of profile continuously so that I can monitor movement of its peak. I used a typical labview and vision based  program which displays those fringes continuously (Copy of vi attached) but not able to get its line profile . I am beginner in this field. I also tried Vision Express and Vision assistance express (vi attached) but here also not able to get line profile of fringe pattern displayed. Please help me how to take line/intensity profile to track peaks.

Download All
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 13
(4,862 Views)

Hi,

I'm not sure what your actual problem with displaying the line profile is. But I would recommend to have a look at the example "Line profile.vi".

You find it via Help -> Examples or

LabVIEW\examples\Vision\2. Functions\Analysis\LineProfile Example.vi

Hope this helps.

ʍolɟɐʇɐp ʞuıɥʇ
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 13
(4,828 Views)

Use "Line Profile.vi" To get the Line Graph and line Information

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Palanivel Thiruvenkadam | பழனிவேல் திருவெங்கடம்
LabVIEW™ Champion |Certified LabVIEW™ Architect |Certified TestStand Developer

Kidlin's Law -If you can write the problem down clearly then the matter is half solved.
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 13
(4,812 Views)

In my attached vi tried line profile options but neither it asked ROI drawing a line nor gave any graph, In vision assistance case while using that express I used this line profile option. Please see my vi and suggest as if image displayed in my loop from buffer is alright on which line profile can be generated or there is any problem 

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 13
(4,798 Views)

I tried wiring line profile vi with my image acquired butgot nothing If possible please see my vi and modify it

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 13
(4,796 Views)

From vision analysis pallate I chose line profile vi and wired with my image output. Then created output indicator at line graph but neither this indicator was a graphical interface rather a array indicator. Neither it gave me any option to draw line for which is line profile was expected, I saw an option for line coordinate at input of line profile so how to give my line input from that displayed image I am not clear.

0 Kudos
Message 6 of 13
(4,794 Views)

I do something like this. Here I am using a linescan camera to grab images continuously to give me a "live" image. I create a line ROI and pass it to an NI VI that gets the intensity profile along the line. 

0 Kudos
Message 7 of 13
(4,787 Views)

I've written two VIs that might work. The IMAQdx version will definitely work if you defined the ROI.   I've modified a LL Grab example and used your ROI code to try and do this in IMAQ. As I have no IMAQ camera I can't test it, but it looks about right to me. The important factor in both examples is that the line profile VI is placed inside the while loop so that the profile is updated every time an image is acquired. 

Download All
0 Kudos
Message 8 of 13
(4,768 Views)
Solution
Accepted by topic author kamalgju

Please resend these VIs compatible to LabVIEW 2012

0 Kudos
Message 9 of 13
(4,750 Views)

Version 2012

Download All