LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ignore first value of real time data

Solved!
Go to solution

I am trying to remove the first value of real time data without it going into an array. I have tried using variables and some maths to ingore it but i havent got it to work.

If you have any ideas please let me know.

I have attached a file of an exmple but also a snapshot of what i am trying to do.

Any help would be useful.

Download All
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 5
(4,101 Views)

Hi zandrous,

implement a case structure: "IF not(first iteration) THEN put value into array"…

Best regards,
GerdW

using LV2016/2019/2021 on Win10/11+cRIO, TestStand2016/2019
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 5
(4,082 Views)

Hi GerdW

thanks for your quick response, how do you define the first iteration if you do not know its value?

i am new to LabView so i apologise if this seems mediocre

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 5
(4,077 Views)
Solution
Accepted by topic author zandrous

Hi zandrous,

in each loop you will find the loop iterator: a small rectangle with an "i" inside. This one counts the loop iterations - and it starts with zero.

So when "i == 0" then "it's the first iteration of the loop"…

Best regards,
GerdW

using LV2016/2019/2021 on Win10/11+cRIO, TestStand2016/2019
Message 4 of 5
(4,073 Views)

I don't remember where Conditional Tunnels were introduced (I think 2012 or 2013), but here's how to do this with such a tunnel.  

Ignore First.png

Normally, the While loop would build an array of all the Random Numbers you were generating.  However, the Conditional terminal, initialized to False (and reset to True for every iteration except the first) prevents the first number from being included in the Indexed array output.

The Conditional Indexed tunnel simplifies (a lot) the selective "building" of arrays from within a loop.

Bob Schor

Message 5 of 5
(4,062 Views)