LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

If you use VIPM don't install LV2019 SP1 f4

Solved!
Go to solution

Installing LV 2019 SP1 f4 messes up with VIPM (20 and 21 beta)

Uninstalling VIPM and re-installing doesn't fix it, if anyone has an idea on how to recover from that...

We have two ears and one mouth so that we can listen twice as much as we speak.

Epictetus

Antoine Chalons

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 9
(1,343 Views)

@TiTou wrote:

Installing LV 2019 SP1 f4 messes up with VIPM (20 and 21 beta)

Uninstalling VIPM and re-installing doesn't fix it, if anyone has an idea on how to recover from that...

Just for clarity, do you mean VIPM 20 release version and VIPM 21 beta?

Thanks.

Bill
CLD
(Mid-Level minion.)
My support system ensures that I don't look totally incompetent.
Proud to say that I've progressed beyond knowing just enough to be dangerous. I now know enough to know that I have no clue about anything at all.
Humble author of the CLAD Nugget.
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 9
(1,305 Views)

@billko  a écrit :

Just for clarity, do you mean VIPM 20 release version and VIPM 21 beta?

Thanks.

Yes, this is what I mean.

I have VIPM 2020.3.0.2540 which is the latest release and VIPM 21.0.2337 which is the latest beta

In the case on the beta, I get this :

Capture d’écran 2021-05-26 205209.png

Epictetus

Antoine Chalons

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 9
(1,278 Views)

I have to admit that I've never seen this before.  However, I have noted that if you install VIPM outside of NIPM, NIPM gets very upset.

Bill
CLD
(Mid-Level minion.)
Proud to say that I've progressed beyond knowing just enough to be dangerous. I now know enough to know that I have no clue about anything at all.
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 9
(1,245 Views)

@billko  a écrit :

NIPM gets very upset.

How so? I never noticed that.

I install VIPM myself to be up to date and control which version I have.

Epictetus

Antoine Chalons

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 9
(1,217 Views)
Solution
Accepted by topic author TiTou

Found a solution : https://knowledge.ni.com/KnowledgeArticleDetails?id=kA00Z0000019Ru8SAE&l=fr-FR

Luckily, my colleague has the same laptop with similar NI softs installed so he sent me his tdtable.tdr file and then it all works fine again.

Epictetus

Antoine Chalons

0 Kudos
Message 6 of 9
(1,203 Views)

@TiTou wrote:

Found a solution : https://knowledge.ni.com/KnowledgeArticleDetails?id=kA00Z0000019Ru8SAE&l=fr-FR

Luckily, my colleague has the same laptop with similar NI softs installed so he sent me his tdtable.tdr file and then it all works fine again.

Excellent!

On your question to me:

I've had to disable the installation of VIPM because it wouldn't install over the version I already had - which I installed when VIPM noticed I had an outdated version and told me to update.  It wouldn't say something like, "newer version already installed", either.

Bill
CLD
(Mid-Level minion.)
0 Kudos
Message 7 of 9
(1,160 Views)

@TiTou wrote:

Well, I made a backup of my tdtable.tdr files (x86 and x64) and now doing the upgrade.  It seems to be taking forever to update LabVIEW.  The RTEs didn't take that long.  I'll report later once it all gets done.

GCentral
There are only two ways to tell somebody thanks: Kudos and Marked Solutions
Unofficial Forum Rules and Guidelines
"Not that we are sufficient in ourselves to claim anything as coming from us, but our sufficiency is from God" - 2 Corinthians 3:5
0 Kudos
Message 8 of 9
(1,130 Views)

Well, the update finally finished and I have no issues with VIPM afterwards (VIPM 2020.3).  I did not need to correct the tdtable.tdr files.  So at the moment, I would have to say you had a weird issue.

GCentral
There are only two ways to tell somebody thanks: Kudos and Marked Solutions
Unofficial Forum Rules and Guidelines
"Not that we are sufficient in ourselves to claim anything as coming from us, but our sufficiency is from God" - 2 Corinthians 3:5
0 Kudos
Message 9 of 9
(1,091 Views)