From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

If I'm installing a PC-6221 board to work with Labview 7, do I need to get anything else with it if my connector I have right now is 50 pins to go with my old PC-1200 board?

Hello Ryan,

If I understand your question correctly, you are asking if your 50 pin cable that you used with the NI PCI-1200 will work with the NI PCI-6221.  The answer to this question is no, because the NI PCI-6221 has a 68-pin connector.  I would suggest getting a new cable with the NI PCI-6221.  Please let me know if this is not what you were asking and I would be happy to assist you further!

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 4
(2,386 Views)
Hey,
Thanks for the reply.  Before I buy the PC-6221 board, a new cable, and a new to go along with it, I was just wondering if there was a way for me to use 50 pins from my PC-1200 board.  I have three laying around, so I was wondering if there was a way to use them to make a 68-pin one.  This is probably not likely, but any suggestions would be great.  Thanks again for the reply, and you understood what I was trying to ask.

Take it easy,
Ryan
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 4
(2,378 Views)
No you cannot do this because of the style of connector used to plug into the card itself. One side of the cable is a regular 68 PIN SCSI but the other side is a smaller connector of a different type.

Joe.
"NOTHING IS EVER EASY"
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 4
(2,365 Views)