LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

If I create a program with Vision Builder, will it work with a LabView driver?

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 6
(2,448 Views)
You seem to have clicked the 'Post' button before you had a chance to use the message body to explain your question.
Message 2 of 6
(2,443 Views)

I have a BitFlow frame grabber with a LabView driver. If I write an application with Vision Builder, will it run with the LabView driver? Basically, Is Vision Builder and Labview compatible at the driver level?

Thanks!

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 6
(2,437 Views)

Hey Bob,

I'm not really sure what you are asking.

First off, VBAI was compiled with LabVIEW 8.5, so yes, they are compatible.

Are you trying to use your image from LabVIEW in VBAI? Are you trying to acquire from your camera in VBAI? Could you pleas clarify for us.

Thanks

Chris Van Horn
Applications Engineer
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 6
(2,415 Views)

Hi Chris,

A Vision Builder customer wants to know whether a progam they write with Vision Builder will work with a BitFlow Frame Grabber, using the  BitFlow frame grabber's LabView driver.

Thanks!

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 6
(2,400 Views)

My answer is going to be yes for this, though it may not be an extremely simple solution.

As I said, VBAI was compiled in LabVIEW, so there is no issues there, the only problem I am seeing will be getting your image from your camera, and being able to read it with VBAI. 

You could always put together some code that would populate your VBAI image buffer with your iamge from your BitFlow frame grabber, then do the inspection from there.

You might want to look at this KB which shows you how to use VBAI and a non-supported USB camera. Obviously, the exact method will differ, but the concept is the same. 

Chris Van Horn
Applications Engineer
0 Kudos
Message 6 of 6
(2,368 Views)