LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Identifying and Converting from an older version of LabVIEW

Solved!
Go to solution

I have an old .vi program that I am trying to access and run now. I don't know what version of LabView it was written in but I do know it came off of a Windows 95 computer.

Any Suggestions?

Will Huntley

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 3
(2,250 Views)
Solution
Accepted by topic author Will Huntley

If you try to open it and you get an error, the message tells you what version it fails to convert. If it fails, post to the Version Conversion Board that you see marked at the top of the main LabVIEW page.

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 3
(2,245 Views)

You said "trying to". Does that mean you've been unsuccessful? On what OS are you trying to run it?

When you open an old VI in a newer version of LabVIEW, if the VI isn't too old, then it will open. If you close the VI you'll get a dialog asking you to save it. The "explain changes" will tell you the version of LabVIEW used to write the VI.

If you cannot open the VI because it's too old, and your LabVIEW is too new (e.g., opening a LabVIEW 5.x VI with LV2011), then you can post a request in the Version Conversion board. If the code is really old (e.g., LabVIEW 3.x or earlier), chances are you will not be able to get it upconverted since versions that old require a special toolkit from NI that is not publicly available.

EDIT: Duplicate answer. Was creating my response while Dennis posted his.

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 3
(2,241 Views)