Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Icon Labview

000.JPG

What is this icon in labview?

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 5
(1,104 Views)

Enable context help (ctrl+H) and hover over it with your mouse.

Bill
CLD
(Mid-Level minion.)
My support system ensures that I don't look totally incompetent.
Proud to say that I've progressed beyond knowing just enough to be dangerous. I now know enough to know that I have no clue about anything at all.
Humble author of the CLAD Nugget.
Message 2 of 5
(1,068 Views)

Or right click, Visible Items>Label.

Or drag & drop the VI in a string or path constant (or a path control or a free label)...

Or if it's a VI, double click to open it. See VI Properties>General to get it's full path.

Message 3 of 5
(1,063 Views)

Where did you find it? Do you have code that includes it or you want to recreate a VI from a picture seen in a book, article, or web page. If you found this on a diagram picture, give us the link. If you have the VI, do what was suggested. You can even double-click it and look at the code. Maybe there are diagram comments describing some functionality. You could even attach it here.

My guess is that this is not a VI shipping with LabVIEW or from any well-known module or toolkit. From the limited information, the upper right input wire has the wrong representation.

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 5
(1,052 Views)

@altenbach wrote:

My guess is that this is not a VI shipping with LabVIEW or from any well-known module or toolkit. From the limited information, the upper right input wire has the wrong representation.

Sort of correct.  It is not a VI shipping with LabVIEW, it is an XNode shipping with LabVIEW.  I use this one quite a lot, it is called GetValueByPointer.xnode

You can find it here

<vi.lib>\Utility\importsl\GetValueByPointer

Just remember if you are using 'Select a VI...' from the right-click menu to change the filter to 'All Files' to see it.

Message 5 of 5
(989 Views)