cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Icon Editor - no templates, no glyphs

Solved!
Go to solution

Hello,

After having create a subVI I've met difficulties with Icon editing.

Once Icon Editor opened, I don't see any templates, nor glyphes.

Where is a problem.

Thanks in advance

Pavel

Icon Editor - Templates.JPG

Icon Editor - Glyphs.JPG

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 17
(6,346 Views)

Check in the folder <user documents>\LabVIEW Data. There should be the folder Glyphs. If not present, download icon library from http://www.ni.com/white-paper/6453/en/

Message 2 of 17
(6,331 Views)

Hello AC_85,

Indeed Glyph folder was empty.

I downloaded and unzipped icon archive from your link.

But nothing changed ... when I reopen Glyph in Icon Editor, the list remains empty.

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 17
(6,313 Views)

Inside the Icon Editor/Glyphs I've made synchronization with disk and now I see the symbols.

But there are no any categories. Have you categories ?

Also there is no any templates. Do you have a link for templates ?

Thanks

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 17
(6,280 Views)

Inside the Icon Editor/Glyphs I've made synchronization with disk and now I see the symbols.

But there are no any categories. Have you categories ?

Check your <LabVIEW Data>\Gliphs folder. Are all the icons in the folders or are they arranged in subfolders? They should be arranged in subfolders which correspond to the categories.

For templates, check these links:

http://zone.ni.com/reference/en-XX/help/371361J-01/lvconcepts/using_icon_templates/

https://lavag.org/files/file/109-icons/

0 Kudos
Message 6 of 17
(6,242 Views)

In the archive that I downloaded from your link there is no any subfolder ... i.e. its structure is "flat".

My template folder is also empty - only single file Templates.15.0f2.bin (1 kB) resides there.

Do all these issues mean that my LabView isn't properly installed/configured ?

Thanks

Pavel

0 Kudos
Message 7 of 17
(6,207 Views)

Hello,

I think a LabVIEW repair will solve the problem, instead of losing time trying to find this or this folder. Once the repair done, make sure everything is working fine then I advice you to create an image of your OS. You will be able to load this image when you will have again these kind of problems.

Certified LabVIEW Architect (CLA)
0 Kudos
Message 8 of 17
(6,186 Views)

Hello,

Thanks for suggestion. Repaire ... you mean reinstall package, or there is some option "Repaire" ?

0 Kudos
Message 9 of 17
(6,171 Views)

@Pavel_47 wrote:

Hello,

Thanks for suggestion. Repaire ... you mean reinstall package, or there is some option "Repaire" ?

Go to Control Panel\All Control Panel Items\Programs and Features > National Instruments Software > LabVIEW > Repair

Cheers

--------,       Unofficial Forum Rules and Guidelines                                           ,--------

'---   >The shortest distance between two nodes is a straight wire>   ---'

Message 10 of 17
(6,154 Views)