LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

IVI Driver Property Node Active Channel does not accept an input channel string

I have a IVI driver that use a Property Node to set and read some channel properties. I used in the past with LV 2012 and I had to specify what channel is the Property Node referring to. The driver has four channels C1, C2, C3, C4 defined as strings and Active Channel was the first mandatory field of the Property Node. I am trying to open the same VI in the LV 2018 and I get an error that Active Channel is not connected, but when I try to connect C1 to Active Channel property that is not accepted. Seems that Active Channel is not recognized as a string and behave as a remnant without any indication what kind of wiring is waiting for? I attached the snapshot of the VI that show the stray Active Channel that does not accept C1 as an input value?

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 3
(1,605 Views)

Hello,

I don't installed the IVI driver. But from your image, the property Active Channel does not seem to belong to the list of possible properties. 

Let me explain with an exemple. Active Channel is black with a small arrow to indicate that you can write to it. It is possible to reproduce this display when you have property Format String linked to a numeric control and you change the link to a boolean control. The boolean does not have text hence the Format String property is invalid -> black with an arrow.

Did you select Active Channel in the list ? Or maybe you copied the property node from somewhere else ? There might be a difference in the drivers since LV 2012

Yddet

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 3
(1,564 Views)

Yes I copied PropertyNode sample from an older sample that worked in labVIEW 2012. That could explain why that Property is not active and working, even if it still there.

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 3
(1,522 Views)