LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

ISO 5349

I am trying to implement ISO5349 using a triaxial accelerometer and the 9233 card with the USB carrier.
I am using the Sound and Vibration toolkit. Can anyone recomend how to get the proper filtering? ISO5349 requires a bandpass filter and a weighting function that I don't find in the Labview software.

Any help is greatly appreciated.

Jeff
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 4
(2,693 Views)
Hey Jeff,

I'd be more than happy to help you track down the functions you need for your application, but it would help to have a little more information about what exactly you're looking for.  For example, which particular weighting function do you need?

Bandpass filters are very common and you'll find that their are a number of options in LabVIEW with the sound and vibration toolkit.  If you search for the keyword 'filter' you'll find a number of matching VIs.  Check out the express filter VI available under the express palette - it'll give you a number of configuration options and settings you can try. 

Also, if you want more advanced functionality you might consider purchasing the Advanced Signal Processing Toolset.  Check out the feature list here and see if this is the functionality you were looking for.
Elijah Kerry
NI Director, Software Community
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 4
(2,675 Views)
ISO5349 has a frequency band of 5.3HZ to 1400HZ. (Octave bands of 8 HZ to 1000 HZ)

For the weighting, they give a formula, a graph, and a table. I don't know if I'm allowed to reproduce it here, but it's in the standard.

If I could either put the formula into a filter or something like this, then maybe it would work.

Jeff
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 4
(2,665 Views)
Hey Jeff,

The LabVIEW Sound and Vibration Toolkit provides several VIs for extended octive measurements, one of which is 'weighting filter (octive).vi'

It's a polymorphic VI that works for octave spectrum containing band power versus nominal frequencies.  Is this what you're looking for?

You can find more information on the LabVIEW Sound and Vibration Toolkit here.
Elijah Kerry
NI Director, Software Community
Message 4 of 4
(2,650 Views)