LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

IP WEBCAM LINKING WITH VISION ACQUISITION VI

Hello everyone,

i plan to make a guidance system for the visually impaired.

for this i wish to acquire the image from a mobile phone working on Android ICS through an app called IP WEBCAM . Further , i found an article on ni.com which assists users to interface IP WEBCAM to any NI software. unfortunately i am not able to execute the final step of the execution ie. i cant understand which application to restart? i have tried restarting the webcam , adapter with little success.

i am enclosing the link of the article for your kind reference: 

http://digital.ni.com/public.nsf/allkb/3D9CEA3E7B26FA4586257A56004E4507 

is there an alternative software for the ip webcam adapter which i can use ?

Even while operating the VISION ACQUISITION EXPRESS VI from the VISION AND MOTION PALETTE when i am not able to detect either the integrated webcam of the laptop or the IP WEBCAM that i intend  to use in the project but i can acquire images from the integrated webcam using the NI VISION ASSISTANT. I have even enclosed a pic to highlight the problem i face regarding the interface between the camera and labVIEW.

shall sincerely appreciate all possible help

regards

SHAGGY

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 5
(4,687 Views)

Clicking on any of the two links you provided, takes me to rediff.com...!!

Well, you should check in MAX, if you've installed IMAQ drivers.

Is IMAQ Installed

Also in my laptop, I can see atleast Laptop's webcam listed in MAX.

USB Camera listed

After doing settings, even MJPEG cam added to the available camera list (in MAX).

Listed in MAX.PNG

however not able to connect to the Android camera.

I am not allergic to Kudos, in fact I love Kudos.

Make your LabVIEW experience more CONVENIENT.

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 5
(4,670 Views)

hi,

thanks for your prompt response

i had downloaded an NI package which said that it had imaq dx driver but the same is not reflecting in my NI MAX. so will have to install it again.thanks indeed.

did you read the article about IPWEBCAM linking with labview?

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 5
(4,653 Views)

Although there are other methods of interfacing with IP Cameras, one very simple method is to leverage Virtual Webcam software which emulates the functionality of a USB webcam. One such piece of software is the IP Camera Adapter. Once this software is installed, it will be capable of emulating your MJPEG stream as a DirectShow device. This will allow the IMAQdx drivers to use the camera and, therefore, allow you to interface the camera with LabVIEW and NI Vision. You can review the information:

Connecting to an Arbitrary MJPEG IP Camera with IMAQdx Using Third Party Virtual Camera Emulator

http://digital.ni.com/public.nsf/allkb/9446A8C25CC99F7586257A56004D513D

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 5
(4,493 Views)

if android phone can't response to MAX what tye of phone did you use?

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 5
(3,747 Views)